Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thoughts from my summer written on note cards

"my problem w/ pursuing happiness is not that it is positive. rather, that it is not dynamic. satisfaction and contentedness take life's change. pursuing happiness is working toward an ideal. it cannot be maintained. it needs sadness and other negative emotions. being content only requires accepting the good and bad. seems more realistic to me."
~No date, but I know I wrote it during philosophy class this summer.
"Throughout our lives we search for what we cannot have. Those who are born empty seek to be emptied. Then, there are those of us who are born with various fractions. It is up to us to find out whether we are to be emptied or filled."
~Sometime this summer. Maybe on a bench? I think I wrote it while sitting at a bench. Then again, I spent a lot of time sitting at benches under trees this summer.
These posts were typed while listening to Bond.
Until the next post, and as always, take care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment