Friday, October 23, 2009

A music meme and other musical things

This week's Delightful Deviant is  iNeedChemicalX because her photography is sweet, soft, and nostalgic. It's like seeing someone's memories in a frame.


A gentle moment by =iNeedChemicalX on deviantART


Make a memory by =iNeedChemicalX on deviantART


Keep me up all night by =iNeedChemicalX on deviantART

~~~
I think it's been established that this blog is on shuffle, or rather, the blogger is on shuffle. Speaking of shuffle, I've never gotten around to this meme, but it's one I feel like doing at the moment. I had a similar one in my e-mail, but it went poof the moment I felt like doing it. I just found this one on a Google search. The really interesting stuff will follow. I'm just doing it for fun (which is why foreign titles and embarrassing songs will be included).
~~~
Take your ipod or mp3 player. Set it on shuffle. Use the songs that randomly play as the answers to these questions.

How would you describe yourself? My Name is James
What do you like in a member of the opposite sex? Calling It Quits
How do you feel today? Dai Katsugeki
What is your life's purpose? Tonari no Totoro
What's your motto? Kaze no Oka
What do your friends think of you? Other Side of the Radio
What do your parents think of you? I See the Moon
What do you think about very often? Sing It Back
What is 2 + 2? Beggin' Me
What do you think of your best friend? Dream Star
What is your life story? Sakura Biyori
What do you want to be when you grow up? Angel
What do you think when you see the person you like? Overture
What will you dance to at your wedding? A Summer Song
What will they play at your funeral? Framed in a Still Picture
What is your hobby/interest? Dancing on the Berlin Wall
What is your biggest fear? Fragrance of Nature
What is your biggest secret? February Sea
What do you want right now? Kakkou II
What do you think of your friends? Kaze no Toorimichi
What will you post this as? He's a Tramp
What time is it? Sogno Agitato
~~~
Well, that was fun for me. I did not rig that first one, by the way. That's a song from James and the Giant Peach, a movie I happen to love and own a couple songs from. Moving on, I'm learning how to play the guitar and I'm hoping to get a viola in a few months, but I have one tiny problem: I don't listen to much guitar music. I like the piano and cello the best followed by the viola, violin, and hang drum. I hate the quartz singing crystal bowl. I'm getting a headache just thinking about that instrument. As far as the guitar goes, I'm indifferent. I'm only learning it to prepare my fingers for playing the viola (callouses) and because Andrea has a guitar that she's not using. I've learned the E major, A major, B7, and D major chords, I think. I'm not 100% sure of the "major" part, but I'm just trying to figure out how to enjoy this instrument at the moment. I'll work on getting the chord names down later.

 Well, I think this song is going to be my goal. It'll take a while to get there, but I think I'd like to play it. I prefer it on the piano, but there's no harm in trying to play it on the guitar.


This one is nice, too.


I think learning this one in the future is a requirement.
I only like this song because of the movie Whisper to the Heart.

That's all I can come up with at the moment. I need to explore my collection to see what I can start with and work up to. It'd be sad to learn an instrument that I don't enjoy.

Until the next post, and as always, take care. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment