Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bigger than my greatest conception

I took a philosophy of religion class and started reading The Tao of Physics this summer. I've come away from those two experiences with a better idea of what this feeling around me is. It's life. There's this force to life. It's God for those who believe and it's just how life goes and it's a concept. I think it's mostly intangible. I can't touch the feeling that there is so much beyond my understanding. I cannot comprehend all that goes on in even a fraction of a second in my town. That's too many interconnected life. There are backstory and a direction to each action. The reason. It doesn't matter whether or not it's conscious. A reason is as simple as just going with life as it seems to be going. Going is a reason. There is a reason to everything. Does that matter? I find reasons more interesting to study, but I'm not sure that they're terribly important. Sometimes it doesn't matter why something is done. Rather, that it is done.
I disagree with many Christians when it comes to Eastern thought. I like meditation. I think it's nice to just be present and appreciate life for what it is right now. Is that so different from thanking God for a moment? The only difference is between just being and thanking for the ability to be. At least that's how it seems to me. There's a spectrum to just about everything, of course.
Now that that bit of my mind is out, I'm going back to knitting while watching "Art and Copy".
Until the next post, and as always, take care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment