I have a tendency to blog after midnight or in the middle of the day when my mind is wandering and loses its sense of shame. I.e. when I'm sleepy. Not today! It's the middlish of the day, but I am not sleepy. I had less than 4 hours of sleep, drank a cafe mocha, turned in a paper, stayed awake during class, and now I've made a fairly detailed study plan. I will crash soon because I've been too productive for the past 14 hours. Until that happens, I'd like to talk about advice I've been given.
1. No matter the cost, go to the best school possible.
2. Study what you love and study it with all your might.
4. Be confident. If you're not, think about who you want to be and own that person.
5. Never ever ever ever ever ever let your significant other tell you how to look. Their opinion is not law. If you feel better when you cut your hair a certain way and it's that important to you, don't compromise. Happiness is better than obedience sometimes.
6. Seize every opportunity while you're young. Want to dye your hair? Do it! Want to travel? Do it!
7. Put your education as high on your list of priorities as you can.
8. Don't be afraid to make friends for the sake of being connected to someone who might help you later. Just remember to thank them.
9. Respect your body.
10. You're never too old to learn something that changes your life. Accept change and mistakes. I.e. always learn.
11. If you don't want to fill your mind with something, don't. It's sometimes okay to be a bit ignorant.
12. Plan and use that plan when you can.
13. You can do it because others have. You' aren't special in thinking that you can't do what you want and need to do.
14. Keep baking supplies around at all times so that you can completely enjoy bra-less moments. (This one is mostly a joke).
There's more, but that's all I can recall from the past week.
Until the next post, and as always, take care. 8)