Monday, November 2, 2009

Arrogance

I shall start by saying there is no way I'm attempting this. I think I've demonstrated my ability to fail enough times. Moving on. . .
Right. I promised a couple posts. Well, there is no picture because I just finished and banished it to the room. What am I speaking of? A scarf. A manly blue scarf. That's it.
There really isn't anything wrong with it. It just symbolizes the demise of a friendship. You see, I take arrogance and rudeness about as well as a 2-year-old takes brussel sprouts (unless you're Andrea in whose case* it's onions).
It started with the "just-right" friend. Unfortunately, I'm a naive sucker for things that are better than they seem when my brain decides it's time to watch me squirm. (Still training the brain to be kind to the body that resists the urge to bash the brain into every brick wall.)
The breakdown of the friendship took a while. At first, the friendship seemed peachy and upright (new goal: make a James and the Giant Peach reference every week. Kidding.). As I became acquainted with the true magnitude of the arrogance, the ship molded. Well, that's only from my point of view. Being a friendship between 2 people, there is another half to the story. I do not know it being one half (end of weirdly used analogy, I promise), but I've witnessed it and discussed it enough to guess a good deal of it.
Arrogance breeds a certain kind of ignorance that is almost laughable. No normal person would tell me "you may know all the big words, but I act it out" when speaking of (social) psychology. You need only know one thing to know what's wrong with that sentence. Psychology is the study of the mind. Ergo, people with brains act those things out. I don't mean to call the friend stupid, but really? *head-on-brick-wall*
I wouldn't mind it so much except I can't even say "hi" without being insulted "jokingly" or talked to like a child. I cannot be considered a child just because I have neither a driver's license nor a job. Sure, my social skills are not exactly graceful, but I'm not completely lost. Obviously, I can and do socialize with people frequently. These are only a couple of the things I've had to put up with.
Back to the scarf, I was asked to make it. I'm the kind of person who generally knits things for people because I like to. Friends and family are likely to get something at some point in time. I was a little annoyed when I was not only asked if I was going to be making the friend something, but asked again if I would make something specific. No biggie. I took a mental note. Just a couple weeks later, I was asked if and when I'd be done.
-_-
I didn't even have the yarn. Months and repeated assurances that i would do it later and I'm done. The manly blue scarf is wide, medium-length, and not necessarily soft. Manly blue yarn is hard to come by in Placer County let alone soft manly blue yarn. The scarf is perfectly fine, but I did not enjoy making it. I felt terrible about the yarn and how I really didn't want to make it for a friend. Knitting is a hobby for me. I make friends because I like them. This situation is not an example of either. I'd like to burn my scarf and the ship, but I won't. In the past year, I've rid myself of a friend and plowed my nerves through a nonfriend. I think I can figure out how to handle one arrogant person and give them a scarf with a smile.
We'll see. . .
~~~
I'll share 1 thing before I sign off. I have super fun schoolwork to do. :D

I love Neliel. I'm finally at the place in the manga where Nel Tu comes in, so I've been cracking up. I like her better in the anime because of that voice and little parts that are added in, but the manga is still awesome. Gotta love a still shot of Nel Tu flying Supa Speed at Ichigo. ^_^


Until the next post, and as always, take care. 8)

*I've never used this term before. Something about it feels underused. That probably means wrong, but you know what I mean, right? >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment