Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Mornings

This summer I took up jogging. I have kept up with it in spite of having to get up at 5:55 AM some mornings. It is worth it to me for several reasons. Notably, I'm less stressed, I feel better about myself, and it's lowering my risk of getting all of the health problems my relatives have. My favorite thing about my new hobby--if you want to call it that--is the peace of the early morning.
Every morning is cool and peaceful. A few cars speed by on the main country road above the street I jog up and down, but they are minor disturbances. Overall, the early morning is one of the most wonderful consistent experiences for me because of the sky.
Up there it is just dark enough for plenty of stars to be visible, though the sun is getting closer and closer to the top of the hill. Any clouds are a golden red (pink?) as more and more sunlight peeks out, and the whole sky dims with the fresh light.
As I jog to a podcast or some music, the whole world becomes differently softer. Rather than being darkish, starry, and lacking in non-tree sounds, the world becomes brightened, fresh, and full of the sounds of beginnings of days.
I'd be lying if I said I love every minute of it because I'm not completely fond of jogging. However, I am finding myself appreciating more of life in general. The early morning is more special to me than it ever has. There were some close camping moments, but it wasn't anything like jogging with the morning stars. Ah, what peace.
Good night and stay well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment