Friday, September 30, 2011

A Future Date

I'm at the stage where I'm thinking of what kind of guy I'd like to date next. I don't want to think about my future boyfriend because I have stuff to do. Maybe. Depends on how genuinely awesome the next guy is. Anyway, I am thinking of the next date I want to go on instead. It just seems healthier and it doesn't lead to thoughts about the future. Just a single date. A few hours. That's it.
I would like to date a nerdy guy who wears glasses and/or looks like Charlie (charlieissocoollike). What he looks like isn't necessarily important. Mostly the nerdiness or at least a geeky love of something. He should be tall though. Definitely into nerd culture as much or more than I am. It'd be cool if he were like Steve (fizzylimon), but I'm not sure I'd have too much to say about music, so I'm leaning toward a fellow neuroscientist wannabe or a tech guy.
I would pull out one of my cute dresses and I'd wear my contacts because guys seem to like that. No makeup. Okay, maybe a little. It's just one date, after all.
We'd go to The Civil Wars concert in San Francisco which is on a Thursday in November, or something closer to home like a play. Something I wouldn't do with my cousins. We'd chat up a storm on the way (San Fran is about 2 hours from my house). The conversation would have its pauses, possibly made comfortable with music that we both love. Orchestral? That'd be different. Not that many people share my love for instrumental and orchestral music.
We'd have dinner and enjoy the awesome concert/play/whatever, and then drive home slowly despite it being somewhat late at night. Maybe we'd stop and look at the stars for a while unless it's raining. Maybe we'd hold hands. Those things should be spontaneous.
I'd go to calculus the next day smiling. Maybe I'd see him around. I don't know. I'd hope we'd still be friends even though neither of us can handle a relationship right now. Maybe we'd make mental notes to consider going steady later.
In sum, I just want to go on a date and not end up dating the guy immediately. I want the date to be a pause in my life. A memory separate from its time, a bit like reading a really good book.
I doubt I'll be asked out or crushed on at all for a while. It's just a gut feeling. I'd probably be a nervous wreck about it anyway. I'm always worried about assignments and exams.
Well, I'm going to listen to "To Whom It May Concern" by The Civil Wars. I'll play some sudoku, too. And listen to a few podcasts.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment