Saturday, July 11, 2009

$100 and Paycheck

I'm going through some older pictures and having some fun. I should be commenting on other deviants' works right now. :S
This post is late. I won't apologize because (1) I apologize too much, (2) I can post whenever I very well feel like it, and (3) it means there are two posts this week. When I read blogs, I like when there are more posts in usual even if it's just a dead blog for months and 30 posts in one day. Maybe that's just me. If it is, I'm sorry. There I go again. . . -_-

I have a funny story to share. It's short. All spoken quotes are not exact, but they get the point across.
Yesterday Claire, Diane, and I decided it was time to watch a movie. We were getting haystack stuff together in the kitchen. Claire came up with one first: "Paycheck".

Diane said, "It's not in the case." Being skeptical of everything, I went to the living room cabinet to check it anyway. Diane continued in a very adamant voice, "I'll give you a hundred dollars if it's there because it isn't!"

I located the case and it seemed pretty secure for being an empty case. Guess what? I laughed and said, "It's here."

Diane said, "No way! It is not!" Au contraire, it was.

Then, Claire laughed and tried to get into it saying, "Ha ha, Deedee, it's okay. You don't owe us $100! We'll just accept 100 of something else. "

Diane just laughed and said, "Oh, like chips? Wait. Since when were you part of it? I said Alyssa, not you." Of course, the $100 was a joke, but how often does my skepticism get rewarded? Rarely.

By the way, I enjoyed "Paycheck". They had seen it already, but we watched it anyway. Diane thought it all went too smoothly, but it made sense to me. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil the whole movie. It's worth watching without a spoiler.

Anyway, I'm about to finish a new scarf and I just started Memoirs of a Geisha. I liked the movie and the soundtrack, so I'm excited to read the book. Also, I rode my bike to the dance studio today. However, I did not ride it back, so I have to walk back to get it one of these days. I think I'll get it over with tomorrow and use it as an excuse to buy an unhealthy, iced or blended beverage from Kerry's Coffee House. :)

Side note: Some people quite a while ago were talking about the absence of banana-flavored Nesquik milkshakes/milk. They still exist. I saw some at Gerrards while getting gum and a strawberry-flavored Nesquik milkshake. My question to those people is: what's so awesome about banana milk? Maybe I'll try it one of these days. . . It's too hot to do anything except consume anyway. :P

That's all for now. Until the next post, and as always, take care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment