Friday, April 24, 2009

I Heart Astronomy

Sometimes I actually enjoy doing homework. In astronomy, I have an assignment that I really like. It's an observation assignment, so I've been trying to get the observations graphed and all. Not so much a fan of the graphing part as much as I am a fan of the observing part. I like stargazing. The sky amazes me. There is just so much up there. It's frightening and calming at the same time. It's frightening because the universe is so huge and it can seem lifeless. It's calming because it just looks so calm from down here and at night the air is usually cool and still. The night sky changes steadily. I like watching it happen. The more I learn about astronomy, the more I appreciate it. Everything up there is breathtaking. I'd love to be able to fly faster than the speed of light. It'd be cool to actually see other planets, stars, etc. close up without the normal barriers. Maybe even visit the Vegans? (If you've seen or read Contact, you might know what I mean and how that is actually pronounced) Of course, there are limitations. That actually makes astronomy is all the more fascinating to me because we can learn about so many things without going to each and every studied point in the universe. Now, if only I could move all of this fascination to a couple other assignments . . .

Here's something else I like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlGABycOi-M&feature=channel_page Miiki refused to do it when I was watching, so I'm glad my cousin got it on video.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment