Friday, February 6, 2009

Not Thinking Clearly

This morning I set out to walk my family's Golden Retreiver, Sammy.



Usually he's pretty good about letting me close the front door before the walking starts. Not today. His collar slipped off while I had my back turned. I chased him down the driveway and halfway up the street (I live on a hill, so it was directionally up). Then, I realized that he was only running because I was chasing him. He thought we were playing until I stopped and called him. He came and knew the walk was actually starting now.The rest of the walk was normal. Why hadn't I thought of that sooner?

Later, I was just getting out of the shower and I heard a noise coming from the bedroom. It sounded like a bomb going off, then music. Oh, wait. That was just my cell phone. It was later after my shower. I was getting ready to exit the bathroom and I heard a noise coming from the adjacent bathroom (my aunt and uncle's). Thump. A pause. Thump. My aunt had the day off, so my first thought was she was in there.

Thump. I looked outside through the window. Neither my aunt nor my uncle were home.

Thump. My next thought was Miiki, one of my family's cats, was jumping on and off the counter. She did eat too much and back end was no longer small enough for her to wiggle herself from behind my aunt and uncle's computer. She had gotten stuck the night before.

Thump.
Nah. It couldn't be Miiki because she sounded more like a "plop".

Thump.
"Scott!" I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. I knocked on the wall. "What are you doing in there?"

Thump. "Grrrr" I knocked a few more times.

Thump.
"Cut that out! Oh, wait. Duh."

Thump.
I exited the bathroom and walked into my aunt and uncle's. Thump. "Scott!" I found my very mature cousin in the bathroom stomping his foot. Why? He just wanted to mess with me. He always does that. Though, the thought about Miiki could've been true. You'd think so, too if you saw this. (Note: No cats were harmed in the capturing of this picture)


Oh, well. I can admit I wasn't thinking too clearly today. Do I smell burning? j/k

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have a great dog named Shaggy, and he is nearly perfect except for one flaw - if a door is left open, he will bolt. Like your dog, if we chase him, he will think it is a game and just run around more. I would stop chasing him, but the other side of the problem is that he tends to run down the middle of the street and I am terrified he will get hit by a car one of these days. If dogs could speak English, life would be so much easier.

    By the way, I enjoy that you add photos to your blog. I will have to post photos of my dog and cat on my class blog.

    ReplyDelete