Saturday, June 20, 2009

First post from Redlands

This is what I should be doing right now.
After jamming my Skittles pen into the reset button on the router (or modem or whatever that trouble-making miracle machine is called), I have wifi internet access. :D I really do not enjoy living without internet access. One reason is I'm always thinking of things to look up and that urge to search itches until completion. For example, I'm reading The Second Opinion by Michael Palmer and the main character, Thea, researches a few topics, cites sources, and makes me want to look up every little thing Michael Palmer brings up. I do the same in conversations or just while sleeping. I really do wake up in the middle of the night and think to myself look [blank] up when consciousness is regained. In conversations, I don't drift off and ignore people in; I just keep my mind open to my own thoughts and what someone else is saying at the same time. If I can, I make lists in every situation. I like lists. Admittedly, that does not always work out, but it works well enough for me. I didn't have internet access until this afternoon, so I have a list of things to look up or do on the internet before I dare do anything requiring lower body movement. Just kidding, of course. I drink water like I'm never going to get any again. Anyway, I'm happy to have internet access even though my body probably won't because I'm cutting into sleeping time.

I don't have anything else to say except that I'd like to start sharing things that I've written and maybe some old photography possibly as a second weekly post. That'll make this a biweekly blog. I'm thinking weekends and Wednesdays. Weekends being the blogging post and wednesdays probably being the sharing time post. Another possibility is making it a spotlight thing for me to show you things I've seen. Maybe all three? I'll figure something out. Maybe a surprise? I think I'll go with that. I'll reveal my plans sometime in the near future. I'm still trying to get this blog in a position I like purpose-wise, mostly.

Until the next post, take care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment