Sunday, December 25, 2011

I don't do holiday cheer

I miss my dad. My mom too, of course, but mostly my dad. I'm just so different from the rest of my family in some respects. As a kid, I traveled for Christmas most years or for a few, I just prayed that my dad would get better/stay well. I miss advent calendars and everyone in the house knowing what Percy the Puny Poinsettia is. I miss gingerbread house parties and candy canes. I don't miss presents. I'm older and I don't care about that. I'm actually happy that my family got a ps3 for Christmas because we can play it together. I like family time. As much as I love them, I miss my dad asking me what I want for Christmas. I miss how he guessed EXACTLY what I wanted when I never said a word. I miss the things he introduced me to like King Island Christmas and penguin-themed plate. I miss watching him photograph it all. I love my family, but I miss my old one too.
Some nights I pray that the Bible is true just so that I can see my mom and dad again. If I don't make it to heaven, it's okay as long as I get to talk to them again.
Merry Christmas. I hope you're in a better mood than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment